Fire destroys longtime business

 

An electrical fire destroyed a longtime Flushing business on Monday. The Village Restaurant on East Main Street had been a community staple for 80 years, but bad wiring reportedly led to flames around 3:30 p.m. Crews from more than a dozen fire departments battled for several hours to contain the blaze, but the eatery could not be saved.

Firefighters did manage to keep the fire from spreading to nearby buildings, which only sustained water and smoke damage during the incident.

Photo provided

Tags:

 
 
 

0 Comments

 

You can be the first one to leave a comment.

 

Leave a Comment